Module for constructing
ModIface values (interface files),
writing them to disk and comparing two versions to see if
recompilation is required.
- mkUsedNames :: TcGblEnv -> NameSet
- mkDependencies :: TcGblEnv -> IO Dependencies
- mkIface :: HscEnv -> Maybe Fingerprint -> ModDetails -> ModGuts -> IO (Messages, Maybe (ModIface, Bool))
- mkIfaceTc :: HscEnv -> Maybe Fingerprint -> SafeHaskellMode -> ModDetails -> TcGblEnv -> IO (Messages, Maybe (ModIface, Bool))
- writeIfaceFile :: DynFlags -> ModLocation -> ModIface -> IO ()
- checkOldIface :: HscEnv -> ModSummary -> SourceModified -> Maybe ModIface -> IO (RecompileRequired, Maybe ModIface)
- data RecompileRequired
- recompileRequired :: RecompileRequired -> Bool
- tyThingToIfaceDecl :: TyThing -> IfaceDecl
Extract information from the rename and typecheck phases to produce a dependencies information for the module being compiled.
make an interface from the results of typechecking only. Useful
for non-optimising compilation, or where we aren't generating any
object code at all (
Top level function to check if the version of an old interface file is equivalent to the current source file the user asked us to compile. If the same, we can avoid recompilation. We return a tuple where the first element is a bool saying if we should recompile the object file and the second is maybe the interface file, where Nothng means to rebuild the interface file not use the exisitng one.
everything is up to date, recompilation is not required
The .hs file has been touched, or the .o/.hi file does not exist
The .o/.hi files are up to date, but something else has changed to force recompilation; the String says what (one-line summary)